Monday marked the first day of my 2nd go-round at the Dairy Farm. Man, it feels good to be back! As my first order of business, I clocked in. Why? Well, in the infamous words of my gurl, Eloise: "The benjamins ain't comin' in!" Therefore, it's back to the grind.
My first duty was washing lots. This may seem like a mundane task to some. That ain't the right view, though, homies! It's all about that perspective, you know! Instead of mundane, it's one of those tasks that, when it's all said and done, gives you that "accomplished" feeling. It's kind of like washing dried banana off your car (::ahem, cough cough::)... Once it's gone, you're thankful to the one who splat it onto your car with a potato gun in the first place, because they've helped you to get that "accomplished" feeling of putting some good ole fashion elbow grease to use, causing your car to shine like the day you drove it off the lot. Aight, maybe that's not a gold-star example, but you get the idea. Manure-covered lots turning to pristine concrete can give a girl a sense of pride in the hard-work put in. It can also give a girl some sore muscles the next day...
All that rambling to say that I was greeted with a kiss (maybe better described as a bath?) on my first day back. Sorry to disappoint ya, Mom, but the kiss-givers were two mischievous cows. The first, 825 (that's her ID/name), decided to begin by licking my boots. As I continued to hose the lot, she moved to my sleeve, arm, ponytail, and so forth. She even mistaked ("mistook" for you grammar-phenes out there) my scrub top for a bit of corn silage. Once she began rubbing her head against my leg, I decided to stop washing and give her a good scratch on the forehead. Maybe that was a mistake. She called a friend (#831) over, and they both began to lick me. I managed to snag some pics. (Soon enough, that booger decided she wanted to check out the hose. She liked it. Therefore, she decided to use the high-pressure water as a personal masseuse.)
![]() |
| Hmm... smells good... |
![]() |
| ...Good scratching post... |
![]() |
| Well, hot diggity! Hey, 831! Get over here! You gotta taste this! |
![]() |
| Yummy!! Sweet, we're on camera!! |
![]() |
| What is this?... I think I like it... |
![]() |
| ::insert British accent:: I think I like it a lot!! |
At one point, she definitely dead-legged me with her head. That was not cool :/
Anyway, this is a brief summary of my first day back. I'm quite enjoying it so far... a nice break from the city life :)
Other adventures from this week include learning to feed (a.k.a. learning to drive a tractor, use the bucket, weigh out feed, deliver feed via feed wagon, back a tractor/feed wagon! ahhh!!) and a cow-stampede due to an unusually low-flying plane... Sadly, no pics to accompany these extraordinary events.
Hopefully, spiritually enlightening posts are soon to follow... In the mean-time (what does that mean, anyway?... the "mean-time"... no pun intended), I hope this one has brightened your day :)
And before I officially sign-off, I can't forget...
Georgina says "Hi!!"
Disclaimer: Please forgive any extreme cheese in this blog...







I love this post for many reasons:
ReplyDelete1. it made me lol
2. every time I re-read it, it makes me lol
3. I love you just in general
4. :) you betta check yaself.
love bec