Not gonna lie- I never thought I'd be a blogger. Nevertheless, once this baby was created and had a name, excitement gushed out of me as though having a blog was my long-lost lifelong dream. Go figure. (By the way, did I just say "long-lost lifelong"? Is that an oxymoron?)
Anywho, I would like to say that I am super excited to begin this journey through blogdom. I hope that you will enjoy it as well :)
To begin this blog on the right foot, it is necessary to explain the main purpose behind its creation. Below is the cliff notes version.
Two years ago, the Lord "called" me to international mission work. At the time, I didn't know quite what He had in mind, but I knew that He was cultivating a heart within me to bring the Gospel to those who have never heard and that have no access to it. Since then, He has blessed me with three opportunities to serve Him overseas and has also changed my life plans pretty drastically.
My plans of international mission work with agriculture/dairy as a platform are being tweaked a little to His plans of international mission work with veterinary medicine as the platform. A year ago, I had no intention of ever considering vet school again. That plan was history, and I was perfectly happy about it. But God has made it clear that His ways are higher than our ways (praise Him for that! :) ) He has basically flung open the door with an opportunity for me attend vet school in Europe!
And just when I was whining about four more years of school, which meant four more years away from the international mission field, He opened up this amazing door- the opportunity to attend vet school internationally! Yet even then, I was reluctant to walk through it. Thankfully, it didn't take long before His word convicted me to surrender to His leading.
Thank You, Father, for Your patience, Your kindness, Your mercy, Your steadfast love. Who am I to deserve this? Who am I to be a part of Your plan? Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your sacrificial love. Thank You for allowing this sinner (made saint by Your blood) to be a part of Your work.
All that to say: should I be writing to you from London this September 2011, I hope this blog will serve as a means of updating my family and friends on what the Lord is teaching me and how He is working "across the pond." Until then, I'll keep y'updated on the journey along the way :)
blogdom? ahh! I'm going to enjoy this blog. :)
ReplyDeleteupdatage.. yes please :)
ReplyDeletekeep it up my deaR...:-)
ReplyDelete